Thursday, May 26, 2011

Goodbye Oprah

So I had a few friends over to watch the final episode of Oprah yesterday. After watching Oprah for so many years, I was excited to see how she'd end the era of "OPRAH". I even made her famous lemon drop martinis and made cookie dough cupcakes! I must admit that she let me down - I felt like her final episode was boring, "preachy", and just disappointing overall. I expected her to show flashbacks of her favorite episodes and to invite guests back or tell us what REALLY happened after the taping stopped. I had hoped she would show us her house or more of her personal life or maybe even invite Stedman to talk about her on stage. Nope. Nadah. Oprah told us to "listen to our inner voice" and to "validate people". Not really the entertaining hour that I had been looking forward too. I should have stopped while I was ahead after Monday and Tuesday's episodes (even though I thought they were a bit over the top) - she's a talk show host, not God!
Anyway, that's my two cents on Miss O's final show. Major letdown. But hey, at least we had martinis and cupcakes!

0 comments: