Monday, May 2, 2011

Ouch

I had my wisdom teeth removed last Friday, April 30th, and snapped this pic of my swollen left cheek while in the drive thru at Starbucks on Sunday (Yep, I still like my carmel machiattos even when I can't eat or sleep). I sent this to my mom so that she'd know what I looked like. Isn't it weird that as old as we get, we still want our mom's to be around when we're sick? At least I do. I asked her if she wanted to extend her Easter trip to stay home and take care of me, but it was too expensive. :) DJ was a great nurse on Friday, taking the day off to take me to the oral surgeon and to nurse me back to health with bags of frozen stirfry and chocolate pudding, meanwhile taking care of that little guy you see sitting in the back seat. Saturday my amazing Aunt Dawn (Jack's Godmother) took him for the WHOLE day so that I could rest. SOOO nice of her! I have never watched so much Oprah or took so many mini-naps in one sitting as I did on Saturday. It was awesome. I have also never taken painkillers like Vicodin before this surgery and those mini-naps were the result. Not too shabby!
The hilarious part is that I got this pounding headache at the end of the day on Saturday. I figured I should get some fresh air and leave my bat-cave-of-a-basement to see if I could get rid of it. So, I sat on my front porch and drank a diet coke (aha! lack of caffeine ended up being the culprit) until Dawn came home with Jackson. After she dropped him off and we chatted for quite a while, Jack and I went back inside. I peaked in the mirror for the first time that day and OH MY GOODNESS - what a scary sight. I had white stuff on my chin - not sure where that came from), I was pale, and my left cheek was crazy swollen. And the best part? Aunt Dawn never said a word. Love that girl.
My dentist was right to tell me to get all four taken out at once because I never want to do this again. Today is Monday and I'd say I'm about 80%. I'm looking forward to eating something crunchy.

1 comments:

Steph said...

I had all four of mine surgically removed when I was about 17...we wanted to do it before I was off my mom's ins. :) I remember that the recovery was NOT FUN! Hope you are feeling better!