So I'm sitting in the Chili's at the O'Hare airport TRYING to get home from a work trip to Little Rock, Arkansas. What a day. I arrived at the Little Rock airport around noon, only to find out that due to weather, my flight was delayed several hours therefore preventing me from catching my connecting flight to South Bend. Aye yih yih. I hope to be home by 12:30 a.m. So, because I've been traveling alone, I've had plenty of time to people watch (one of my favorite things to do) and think. Here are some of the obervations I've made today in the airport:
- You know those motion detected toilet seat plastic thingy's? The ones that when you wave your hand in front of the black dot, new plastic spins out onto the toilet seat for you? Are we SURE that we're sitting on "fresh" plastic? I mean, how do we know that we're not just sitting on plastic that's been previously used? Ew. I think I'll keep squatting.
- People show their true colors during delays in airports. On the plane in Little Rock, the flight attendent announced that we'd have to sit on the runway for an hour before we were released for takeoff. She apologized profusely, came around and offered water, and told us she valued our business. The guy behind me said, "My HAIRY @$*!" Nice. Hey cranky guy, the stewardess can't control the weather! One guy got so upset that she wouldn't serve booze while we were waiting I thought he was going to get kicked off the plane. My opinion...i would rather be SAFE and waiting, then flying and CRASHING!
- Shouldn't soldiers get to fly first class and bypass ALL lines?
- An airport quesadill and a Diet Coke costs 20 bucks.
- I. Miss. Jackson. I have been staring at his picture all day.
- Never watch a chick flick on your laptop in an airport...People give you really weird looks when they see you bawling and looking at your computer screen.
- My husband is amazing. He totally took control of taking care of Jackson and our house while I was gone. He always puts Jackson first and I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband who's an incredible Daddy.
- I'm drinking a margarita. Alone. At a chili's airport. ... Nuff said.