Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend





We had so much fun this past Memorial Day weekend. It was so nice to spend time with family and to have a few days off. We went camping on Sunday with our cousins and aunt and uncle. Well ... sort of. I had been trying to talk DJ into spending the night in the camper all week so that Jack could have the full experience of camping. Finally, he agreed. But come Sunday night, DJ and I turned in around 12:30 from the campfire. All was good - we were asleep and Jack and Carter (our cousin that's 8 months younger than Jack) was asleep. At 2:30 or so, three people piled into our camper and woke DJ and I up. I laid there listening to them getting settled, and then the snoring began. I just couldn't do it - knowing that I would be worthless the next day with only a couple hours of sleep. In other words, I chickened out! DJ and I packed up our stuff, grabbed Jackson and drove home at 3 a.m. to finish our night's sleep in our own beds. Camping? Not quite, but we had fun anyway. :)






The next day DJ had to work, so Jack and I took showers (aaahhhh) and then met our cousins who took us out on their pontoon boat on Pine Lake in LaPorte. It was such a beautiful day! Jack wasn't sure what to think at first. His life jacket didn't let him move around much so he sort of just sat there with a scowl on his face for the first hour. But by the end of the day, he was having a blast running and jumping in the lake water. Here's a few photos from the boat.














0 comments: