Monday, October 5, 2009

No Fair!

After a wonderful month-long visit I took my mom to the airport on Saturday morning. She took care of Jackson for my first month back at work and it was wonderful. Tonight - for the first time in five weeks - I don't know what we're going to have for dinner. :) Fortunately there was no time for an emotional goodbye because we were running so late. It is probably better that I didn't have time to think about losing my "granny nanny" because I would have been a wreck! I think my mom missed Florida and my Dad just a little bit. Case and point - the picture below. This sign is posted at my parents' beach club. Look at the air and ocean tempurature. No. Fair.


Today I went to work out for the first time since having Jackson. While I was on maternity leave I walked him in the stroller almost every day, but today was the first time I had to use my muscles. My legs are jello and I realized that my abs are GONE. It's okay though - very worth it. For all of you ladies out there who haven't been pregnant yet, I'm going to share a little secret with you...After you have your baby, the weight will come off. Even if you think it won't, it will. But there's a catch - even though you lose the weight, everything looks very, very different! :) That's why I'm working out at lunch now - to get everything back to looking like it did before - hopefully better!
Update: I found someone to watch Jackson! My friend Jessica's friend Kelly has agreed to watch Jackson after my Grandma leaves for Florida. I am thrilled because she will be watching him 5 days a week and there will only be one other little one there with him - her 6 month old daughter Vienne. I am still getting to know Kelly, but she seems very down to earth and we seem to share the same opinions about raising our kids. I am so blessed to have found someone like her. It just goes to show you - persistence and patience really pay off!

0 comments: