Thursday, October 22, 2009

I just had lunch with Jackson's future babysitter, Kelly, and her daughter Vienne today. Af ter a LONG search for the right babysitter, a mutual friend put us in touch with each other and after my grandma leaves for Florida, Kelly will be watching Jack every day while I'm at work. The great news is that Kelly's home is within walking distance of my office and she has a 7-month-old daughter that Jack can play with. By the time he's going to Kelly's he'll be sitting up and able to play and interact with her a little bit. Kelly and I decided to have lunch to get to know each other a little better. I have to admit I was a little nervous - wondering what she'd think of me. I had e-mailed her asking her for references and sent her questions like "what would you do if both of our kids were crying?". I was sure she'd think I was some neurotic, over-protective mom, but fortunately it seems like Kelly and I take care of our kids pretty similiarly - at least from what I know so far. She can't let her little one cry for hours; she does tons of research about sleeping, feeding, etc...; and she interacted with her daughter just like I do with Jack. We had a lot to talk about since we both have little ones and the lunch went wonderfully. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted, knowing that Jack will be in the care of a competent, loving, normal person. I have really high hopes for this situation and I hope that Jack will be a more well-rounded kid after spending time with Kelly and her daughter. Thank you, Jess, for putting us in touch with each other. I don't know what I'd do without you!

In other news ...
DJ is in the middle of harvest. He and his dad started cutting beans on Monday and things are going smoothly. They've already finished three farms and are working on cutting the beans at the home farm today. DJ has been pulling some long hours and says he's getting tired and missing Jackson. It is supposed to rain for the next few days so hopefully that will give him a break and a chance for all of us to spend time together.

Friday night we are headed for a night out. I can't wait! It's been a while since I've had a night out with friends. Our cousin Sara and her boyfriend Casey are going to babysit - thanks, Sara! I'll be returning the favor and watching your little one soon. :) Can't wait until Carter gets here!

I'm headed to New York next week for work. This will be my first time away from Jack overnight. DJ is nervous about taking care of Jack alone at night, but I know that he will do a great job. Jackson LOVES his dad. It's really not fair - I get up with him at night, but guess who gets the first big smile every morning? You guessed it ... DAD.

:)

1 comments:

Sara Reed said...

This brought a tear to my eye! We are so excited to watch the lil guy tomro night!