Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Big Boy Bed



Jackson isn't a baby anymore (sniff, sniff). On Sunday night he slept in his big boy bed for the first time! He got up twice and had a mischevious little grin on his face when he stuck his nose into our bedroom door. After the second time up, I decided to lay down with him in his bed (I think he was a little scared of the change.)

I laid with Jack for about 20 minutes. He talked, he sang, he kicked the wall, he asked where Tucker was ... all of the things little boys do when they are stalling bedtime. I closed my eyes and tried to pretend I was asleep so he'd follow. Jack whispered "honk honk" and squeezed my nose twice. Ha! I was trying SO hard not to lose it - I was doing the silent shaking laugh. Every time I think about him honking my nose I laugh. I'm putting this story in his baby book.

Monday morning he marched into our room with a HUGE smile on his face. He was SO PROUD that he'd spent the night in his bed. He said, "Mama, sleep in bed!" So cute - made my heart melt.

Last night was his second night in the big boy bed. I laid him down and never heard a peep til this morning. I think this might be less of a big deal than I thought (knock on wood)! I'll have to remember that next time we're trying something new (e.g., potty training).

0 comments: