Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Graduate School

I did it. I FINALLY took the first steps today for applying to graduate school. My hope is to begin taking courses in August at IUSB and to pursue a Master in Public Affairs degree with a focus on Heatlh Care Administration and Policy. My application is complete, I've collected my transcripts and I'm working on three letters of recommendation. Now, due to my embarrisingly poor undergraduate GPA, I need to take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and score a 900 or better to be accepted. I wish I would have spent less time focusing on my full-time job as a student report (althought it was an amazing experience that has opened many doors) and more time focusing on my GPA at Purdue. I am NOT looking forward to the GRE - I'm not sure I can still do Algebra! I might need to study a bit before I take the test. Wow...study... haven't done that in years.
I took an amazing position at work that only allows me to be home (not traveling) with Jack and DJ and to work with some really awesome people (holla Laura - I know you read my blog! :) )but that will allow me some flexibility for studying between projects. Also, my new boss is SO great and supportive and has already given me some tips for the application process.
Here's hoping that it all comes together and that I'll soon be a full-time working mom/student. Nervous but also excited!

1 comments:

Laura L. said...

This is so exciting. I hope all goes well for you. Holla back....it made me smile. ~Laura