Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Smoothie


So I'm trying to incorporate flaxseed and fish oil into my diet because I've read numerous articles that suggest that they can be really beneficial for my growing bambino's intellegence and brain development. I found a recipe online for a flaxseed high fiber smoothie. Perfect! I tried the recipe this morning and it is delish! Feel free to try this - it took about 1minute to make it and it is very tasty.
High Fiber Smoothie
Ingredients
1 cup orange juice
1 cup unsweetened strawberries or raspberries, frozen
1 banana
1 to 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
Directions:Place all ingredients in blender in order listed. Cover and process on high (100 percent power) until smooth. Serve immediately. Recipe makes one to two servings.
I also bought some fish oil capsules. Chewable. Mint flavor. We'll see how that goes - doesn't sound quite as appealing as the smoothie.

1 comments:

Kyle and Trish said...

yum, sounds tasty :)