Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Turkey Day to everyone! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays - great food, time spent with family, and a reminder to be thankful for what I have. Here's some things that I'm thankful for this year:

  • My little boy, Jackson. The past five months of my life have been the best five months of my life. I am so lucky to be your mom.
  • DJ - I love you more now that you are Jack's dad. You are so great with him and he loves his dad sooo much.
  • Chocolate Chip Dessert Balls - Kelly - thanks for this recipe. It was a hit at our first Thanksgiving celebration on Sunday. Mmmm...think I'll go eat some very soon.
  • My parents - they are so supportive and love me unconditionally - I hope that I can be as good of a parent as they've shown me to be.
  • My grandparents! Thanks so much for watching Jack for the past 6 weeks - I KNEW you'd take such great care of him.
  • Friends - I am so lucky to have an incredible group of girlfriends that let me vent when I need to, cry when I need to, and ALWAYS make me laugh. I am so excited that we are getting together on December 12th for our annual sleep over and gift exchange. I look forward to it every year!
  • My job - although it's been really tough to come back to work since having Jackson, I really am thankful for my job and being able to enjoy what I do (even if it is stressful at times)
  • Movies - does anyone love to go to the movies as mucha s I do? Well I know aunt dawn and heidi do. :) I love seeing movies on the big screen and eating popcorn and the whole experience!
  • Christmas shopping - I haven't started yet - but I can't wait to try to find the perfect gifts for my friends and family.
  • Our health - I'm so blessed to have such a healthy family.
  • hmmm...there's so much to be thankful for - i'll add more later.

0 comments: