Friday, June 5, 2009

No Baby Yet

Well I just got back from my doctor's appointment and I must admit I'm a little disappointed. I have not made too much progress since my appointment last week (now I'm close to 2cm and 50% effaced - not much different than the week before). I am just so excited to meet our little boy that it feels like time is standing still. I just need to remind myself that he will come when he's ready. So in the mean time, I plan to walk, walk, walk and walk some more over the weekend.
The fun part was that my mom is here and she was able to go to the doctor with me this morning. She said she almost cried when she heard his heartbeat. That never gets old - I love hearing his heartbeat - it reassures me that everything is okay in there.
I've had people tell me some crazy ways to speed up labor including eating a fresh pineapple, getting a pedicure (LOVE this one), walking, drinking castor oil, and getting "busy". I've tried most of these methods but so far, no dice. :) Guess I'll just have to be patient for our little one to arrive.

0 comments: