Friday, January 2, 2009

Scalloped Ham with Potatoes Recipe

I made this for dinner for DJ and I early this week and we at the leftovers with some friends last night. This is the ultimate comfort food casserole - perfect for this time of year. It was so good (in my opinion) that I thought I'd share it. Thanks for the recipe, Aunt Dawn!

Ingredients
White Sauce
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
Salt and pepper
1 small onion, chopped

6 large russet potatoes, boiled, cubed
12 ounces sliced baked ham
2 cups grated coby jack cheese


Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a baking dish. In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium high heat. Saute onions. Stir in flour, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and cook for 1 minute. When sauce has thickened remove from heat. Spread 1/2 of the potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Spread half of ham and all cheese. Add another layer of potatoes and another layer of ham. Pour white sauce over layers and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comments:

DeAnn said...

Sounds so yummy! I think I'll try it this week! BYW - I'm trying to think of a way to give you my e-mail address, without putting it in the comments section. hmm. Don't want to bug Jennifer right now either. =( I'll get it to you eventually!