Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Domestic Guru ...er not

Lately I've been trying to do little things for DJ to make his life easier. He works so hard and pulls some long hours, so I've been trying to do things like make the coffee the night before so he doesn't have to when he gets up and packing his lunch when I know he's not going to go out the next day.
Now I'm not really the type of girl that feels "convicted" to pack my husband's lunch. It has always just seemed so unimportant when I have a full-time job, a two year old, and a life! I mean, he can do it himself, right? But certain events in my life recently have made me appreciate him and all he does for us. The life of a farmer's wife isn't always easy, but I'm definitely thankful for what we have and for how much he loves me and Jack and for how hard he works to build a future for us.
That said ... I haven't been doing so great in the dinner-making department. Unless I make a plan in the morning (and have all the groceries I need) ... which is rare ... I seem to just run out of time to make dinner. Not good. This means we eat a lot of frozen pizza and Subway. So tonight, I'm going to try to make a nice dinner for us - steak on the grill with scalloped potatoes and asparagus. Wish me luck.

Does anyone have suggestions for quick and easy dinners!?
Peace and Love,

Heather

0 comments: