Thursday, September 16, 2010

Psalm 90:4

Psalm 90:4 - For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night. If Psalm 90:4 is true, if 'a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday' she will no sooner get her eyes open then all of us who follow Christ will be with her. There will be no time in Heaven that she spends without us. Heaven is all of us who believe in Christ.

I read this passage on my friend Amber's blog. She recently lost a very young cousin to cancer . I immediately thought of Josh and also our friends Luke & Allison who recently lost their brother, Jordan. It's so comforting to know that for our family that have passed away and are in heaven, they won't even know that we're not with them - they won't miss us at all. We might miss them, but at least they'll no sooner open their eyes and we'll be with them. Makes me feel better. I'm going to share this with my mother-in-law as I think it will bring her comfort in her grief over losing Josh and also as she deals with her mom's soon passage as she's declining with lung cancer that has spread. I wanted to post this on my blog so that my other friends and family who have lost loved ones might feel some comfort from this verse too.

2 comments:

amberWIRE said...

Heather,
I'm so glad that verse was a comfort to you and your family. It really has helped me so much too!

Love your blog!
Amber

Steph said...

Thanks for sharing! It is a beautiful verse. I am not sure if I ever shared with you that I lost a (step)sister when I was 12. She was 17. It was so sad and I can't believe it has been 20 years. WOW!
Thanks again. <3