Friday, September 10, 2010

Cashew Chicken

I'm always looking for recipes to replicate my favorite restaurant foods. One of my very favorites is the Cashew Chicken at Mandarin House in Mishawaka. Well...I have found the ultimate recipe. It tastes just like it! I ate HALF...yes HALF of this entire thing. Yum! Here's the recipe:
2 tsp chicken bouillon or base
1 ¼ c boiling water
2 Tb soy sauce
1 Tb cornstarch
2-4 tsp brown sugar
½ tsp ground ginger
1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut up
½ c cashews
Hot cooked rice

Dissolve chicken base in water. Set aside.
Combine soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and ginger. Combine w/ broth over medium heat til thickened.
In large skillet heat oil until hot, not smoking. Stir fry chicken til browned.
Combine above w/ ¼ cashews.
Serve over rice. Sprinkle w/ remaining cashews.

Enjoy!

0 comments: