Sunday, August 22, 2010

seriously?

This weekend was very low key, but that was okay with me. Friday night we went to Maxi's with Heidi, Justin, Colleen and Carter. Jackson kept us busy and crawled away from the table so fast that he almost made it to the kitchen before we could catch him! I bet the cooks would have been surprised to see him there! Saturday Jackson and I had a fun afternoon of baking cookies at Aunt Dawn's with Dawn and Grandma Ginny. As we were fininshing, my throat started to really hurt and I got really tired - but I just thought I was tired so I didn't think much of it. This morning when I woke up, it was a different story. My throat hurt SO BAD! I took myself to MedPoint thinking I had strep throat. Wrong! Get this...I have Hand Foot and Mouth disease! How in the world? Apparently most adults are immune to this virus and it's usually passed around kids. Well lucky me, I got it! The doctor said that Jackson likely had a mild case of it and passed it on to me. I feel like a bad mom - not realizing that he had it. I hope that he didn't have the symptoms that I'm having - surely I would have noticed. It is not fun! I have been in bed all day. My amazing husband has been taking care of me and Jackson - bringing me drinks and hanging with Buddy all day. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family.
On a happier note, I took this picture of Jackson last weekend. He comes into our bed every morning to drink his "ba ba" and wake up. One of my favorite times of day...

0 comments: