Thursday, January 7, 2010

5K - Here I come!

So I started my "training" last night. I Googled "Couch to 5K" and found an 8-week program to help me get ready for a 5K this spring. The first week's plan consists of three workouts. Each workout goes like this:
Brisk 5 minute walk.
Jog 60 seconds, walk briskly 90 seconds for a total of 20 minutes.

When I was done with my first run/walk, I came upstairs and DJ said... "Are you done already?" ... Sheesh. :)

It was a perfect first workout considering I haven't done any working out since Jack was born on June 11. A little tough - but not unmanageable.

Happy training to my friends who are joining me. So far, Jessica, Heidi, Carisse and Dawn have said they'd like to run together in a 5k. Thanks for your support ladies! I'm blogging about this so that my intent is "public" - I'm hoping that this, along with my "buddy system" will help me stick to my goal.

0 comments: