Monday, July 27, 2009

Things I've learned...

Things I've learned so far as a mom...
- Baby Wipes work just as well for removing eye makeup as those pricey eye makeup remover pads.
- Turning on the kitchen sink will stop Jackson's cries EVERY TIME.
- Vacuuming stops his cries as well.
- It's important to have time alone with your husband, even if it seems impossible with a newborn.
- It's okay to let your baby sleep in his carseat if he'll STAY asleep.
- Our friends and family are the best. They have been SO generous and loving since Jackson was born.
- It's easier to file baby's fingernails then to cut them.
- Baby's get ear wax.
- Baby's can spit up throug their nose. :(
- It's hard to figure out if what I'm eating affects Jackson's tummy, even though I'm keeping a journal of my diet and his eating/sleeping/awake pattern.
- Jackson has the Mangold lazy eye - just like me and his Grandpa Mangold.
- Pregnancy jacks up your skin.
- Twelve weeks is not long enough for maternity leave.

0 comments: