Thursday, May 14, 2009

True Story ...

So the other night DJ and I went over to the barn to clean out the pit. We do this sort of in exchange for my aunt letting me keep Dan at her place. So while DJ was cleaning, I decided to go visit Dan.


As I walked out into the pasture where Dan was, he looked up and started walking straight toward me. (He was about 50 yards away.) When he came up to me ... and I'm not making this up, I swear ... Dan took his nose and rubbed it back and forth very gently on my belly. I was shocked! He has never rubbed his nose on my stomach before. I SWEAR he knew that there was a little baby in there and it was like he was saying "Hi, I'm your friend Dan".

Now I know that he might have walked up to me because he thought I was going to feed him, but the nose on the belly was incredible! My eyes welled up with tears. What a good boy. I can't wait to teach our little one how to ride and I hope he will share my love for horses.

1 comments:

DeAnn said...

Aww, that is soooo sweet!! I'll be checking to see news of the baby's arrival!