Friday, March 13, 2009

Well tomorrow I will officially be 7 months pregnant. I'll be posting another pic of the bump soon. It won't be long now before our baby is here! I was sitting at my desk this morning, and he was kicking as usual, and I realized that I'm going to miss the feeling of him kicking me so much. I'm sure I'll have plenty of one-on-one time with him to make up for it, but all the same it was almost a sad moment. Being pregnant has been so great and I've been so lucky to have such a smooth pregnancy. I have felt so healthy during these past 7 months and it's been a great thing for DJ and I to have together.

The best parts of being pregnant:
- People are SO nice to you. At my aerobics class, people are always putting my mat away, asking me how I'm doing, etc. It's great! People at work are always telling me how cute I look, even if I don't feel like it on some days.
- Buying cute maternity clothes.
- Buying cute BABY clothes! (Did I mention I spent $50 on polo onesies for junior the other day?)
- Thinking of names for the baby
- Getting a little extra tlc from your hubby (back rubs, feet rubs, late night posickle runs)
- Listening to the baby's heart beat every time you go to the doctor
- Feeling the baby kick (it's like he's saying 'he you! pay attention to me! I'm still in here!')
- Thinking of all the great things we'll be able to do with our little boy (watch him grow up, take his first steps, say his first words, watch him play sports)
- having the WHOLE SUMMER OFF to learn how to become a mom
- starting a F-A-M-I-L-Y

Some of the not-so-great things about being pregnant:
- back aches
- trouble sleeping
- worries that the baby is healthy and will be okay
- worries that you'll never get your pre-baby body back
- no more margaritas

The list of good really does outweigh the bad...by far. I would highly recommend getting knocked up!

0 comments: