Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New Recipe

So I'm trying to cut back on carbs after our teacher/personal trainer Patti told me not to have carbs for dinner and to eat nothing after 7:30 p.m. Well, we usually eat dinner around 9, so I have to try the no carbs part at least! I made this chicken and broccoli casserole for dinner last night and it was good! Next time I make it, I'll bake it covered with foil so that the cheese doesn't get so brown.

Chicken & Broccoli Casserole

Ingredients

1 C. real mayonnaise
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 pt. heavy cream (I substituted a 1/2 C. of Skim Milk and 2 Tbsp. Sour Cream for this)
2 C. fresh broccoli
Lots of cooked
chicken in chunks (About 4-5 breasts)
2 Tbs. lemon juice (I didn't use any of this)
2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. garlic (can be omitted)
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 chicken bouillon cubes

Directions
Line a 9x13 dish with broccoli, place chunked chicken on top. In a saucepan, place cream cheese, mayonnaise, cream, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and bouillon cubes. Turn on low heat and stir until cream cheese melts and is mixed. Pour sauce over chicken. Top with cheddar cheese. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees (cheese may get brown, check at 45 minutes).

0 comments: